Wednesday, April 29, 2009

Streetlight.

Watching the sc&ct investiture today, brings back memories of house invest 08. When hannah passed me her badge and gave me a hug onstage, informal affair but it held such significance in me. I don't think i will ever forget this experience i've had, no matter how horrible disappointments and regrets are, or the happy silly times i've had with house commers. It's such a congregation of talented people, some very good with impromtu ideas, others good in organising and rallying ppl together while a few are very gd with IT skills. As we're reaching the end of our journey together as a 08 house comm, i've forge some good friendships & i've seen the true colours of others. Eugene has a knack for making me feel comfortable as a friend,with silly conversations and reciprocal of m&ms. :]

Hoho, my long lost dad, reinstated her status as a friend. A random postcard along the corridor on a random day makes my day slightly more manageable. hope her thyroid wont give her problems anymore, and may i find the day where i can sit down properly and have a meal together.

Regi, a random msg telling me she'll support us at soccer finals, along with debbie! The comfort of knowing that friends are still watching my back brings about momentary joy and relief, like a part of me is regained. Times i enjoyed trng, laughed like i meant it, jumped in the air as the ball brushed past my fingertips. Self-proclaimed, world's best three defenders. :]

The other day, i actually teared as i read aly's first letter to me coming LA. Simple letter, all scribbly handwritings, yet so familiar. & i teared, because it's a sense of longing that overwhelms me. As much as they are a part of me, i cherish all the friends and loved ones i have right now. Love is all i can give and that's what keeps me holding on. As i struggle to stay in touch with old friends, i treasure whom i have right now. We live for the present, ready for the future while the past lingers on. Familiarity provides a comfort that is greater than anything else, be it great and simple company or a particular place is quiet and conducive. We all need something or someone to look forward to each day to keep us going. ;D

I was born to tell you i love you.

Your heart is all i ever want to know,
I'd go anywhere you want to go.
You're shining bright,
You're my streetlight.

p.s Congratulations jx for getting your driver's license, like finally! :D i demand that you bring me out for a spin if mel and i get there eventually. i'm so glad for you! haha.

Labels:

2 Comments:

Blogger Gnixaij said...

BING! I HAVE ANOTHER SUPER DUPER GOOD NEWS TO TELL YOU. CALL ME WHEN YOU CAN! I'M SO HAPPY THAT I'M GOING TO SAY I LOVE YOU HERE. (or I could call you again too)

April 29, 2009 at 6:49 PM  
Blogger Unknown said...

eh son. what do you mean 'reinstated as a friend'? *eyes you* WAHAHA. glad it made your day better! jiayou for semis next week! don't die till we have breakfast/lunch/brunch/dinner/supper tgt k! i'll bring you to good food in town once you're freeeeee! x)
tt aside... i saw you dancing to 'nobody' for the musicfest mv! :D i'll keep kahjiao-ing you abt it forever. :P

May 9, 2009 at 8:56 AM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home