Thursday, May 14, 2009

Evocative.

I remember feeling low...
I remember losing hope...
I remember all the feelings the day they stopped.

Today, marks great significance after giving further thought on my way home. It seems like it was just yesterday, a year ago...

Immense joy and excitement washed over upon me all the way till night fall:
I won my first national championships;
I was announced Captain unexpectedly.

Today,
Our team qualified for the finals, a contender to become Champions again;
I officially step down as Captain.

It was a maelstrom of emotions as House comm has left deep impressions on me. Many a time, i wished i was stripped of the badge i wear on my chest because it weighed me down and reminded me of my responsibilty and ownership over my committee. Today, it dawned on me that i wasn't going to be wearing any name tag anymore, i am reduced to normality and typicality. The journey for House has ended, and i feel like i've had a great loss. Kenickie's msg reminded me of all the fun times,Draquila on the tree house during house camp, partying to chase away the monday blues, watching m&ms sizzle away in coke, karaoke sessions in the den, catching a movie at vivo, pasta mania dinner aft inter-house soccer, fun house comm outings! :]

& today, marks the last day of trying to balance out the 2 most impt committments since i stepped into college life. Just one more full week to go and i'm ready to say goodbye.

Thought of the week: We're only as tired as we want ourselves to be.

& now, i'm tired. So long & goodnight all.

1 Comments:

Blogger Gnixaij said...

Go get those bastards (whoever made it to the finals)...

Regards to your fun-filled and trying times in Junior College, I think soon you'll be able to see what I mean by I miss all the 'shit' I went through in St Nicks.

And Bing, though I can't witness it all, I think you've become much more than the person you were in St Nicks and I just hope that you'll keep going from there.

May 14, 2009 at 3:43 PM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home